This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

ADULT - We require any 2 of the following, 1 of which must have your photograph on it and 1 of which should be dated within the past 6 months and have your current address on it)

  • Current UK photo card driving licence (full or provisional), or old paper form licence if still in date (full only)
  • Current European driving licence
  • Current full signed passport
  • Current firearm or shotgun certificate
  • Current Inland Revenue tax code notification (e.g. Notice of coding, tax assessment, statement of account)
  • C1S4 or C1S6 registration card issued by the Inland Revenue (for self-employed in the construction industry)
  • Savings account certificate of investment
  • Current benefits agency benefit book or letter confirming entitlement to benefits (includes personal invitation letter from Department of Work and Pensions)
  • Current residence permit (issued by the Home Office to EU nationals)
  • Current debit/credit/cheque guarantee card (non-Halifax)
  • N.U.S student card
  • Application registration card (ARC) or SAL1/SAL2 for asylum seekers
  • Current blue disabled drivers pass
  • Current EU Member State identity card
  • Northern Ireland electoral identity card
  • Gender Recognition Act certificate
  • Current Council Tax bill or instalment book
  • Current bank/building society/credit union statement or passbook showing your current address (includes credit card statement - non Bank of Scotland/Halifax)
  • Current local council rent card or tenancy agreement
  • Most recent utility bill or certificate from a utilities supplier confirming pre-payment agreement including rates (excludes mobile telephone phone bills)
  • Most recent original mortgage statement or mortgage rate amendment letter from a recognised lender
  • Known housing association tenancy agreement or rent card
  • Television/Motor Vehicle Licence reminder.
  • Bank/building society cards/statements
  • Birth certificate
  • Driving licence
  • Current residence permit (issued by the Home Office to EU nationals)
  • Marriage certificate
  • Medical card
  • National Insurance number card
  • P45
  • Payslip

A combination of two of the above documents ONLY can be accepted as identification.

You must produce one item of photo ID and one item containing your address.  Bills and bank statements must be within 3 months old.


  • Bank statement
  • Birth certificate / Adoption certificate
  • Letter-BenefitsAgency/benefit book
  • Letter-Social services
  • Passport
  • Redbook

Any of the above documents can be accepted as identification.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website