GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
How to sign-up
For more information, please contact reception or have a chat next time you visit the surgery. The practice currently recommends three different services, details of which are given below. It is up to you which one of these you use. If you require any assistance with any aspect of online access, please get in touch with the surgery and we will be happy to help.
myGP (App only)
Registration is simple, using your date of birth and the mobile number which is registered with the practice. Once you are registered the following features are available:
- Appointment booking.
- Appointment reminders - rather than a text message your reminders will come through the app.
- Messaging - send us a non-urgent message. We aim to respond within 2 working days, but often you will get a response the same day.
- Repeat medication ordering - you will need your online credentials. More details can be found below.
- Medication reminders - schedule when to take medication.
- Add children/family members and people you care for to the app so you can book appointments on their behalf. 12-15 year olds need to consent to this and forms are available in reception. Further information can be found here: MyGP - Adding dependants
- Blood pressure and weight recording.
- NHS e-referral service & organ donation status.
- Pharmacy Finder.
- NHS data opt-out programme.
In order to request repeat medication the app will ask you for your NHS online information. If you already use patient access, you can find the information required under 'my account' which is available from the drop down menu in the top right corner if you are using the website or by clicking more if you are using the app and looking for 'linked practices' as below:
On the website you will have to click on 'My practice'. The following link provides a more detailed guide on where to find the necessary details:
How to find your codes in Patient Access
Once this is done, the MyGP app will remember this information and you will never have to enter it again. If you are not registered with patient access these details can be provided by the practice.
Patient Access (Website & App)